2014年10月27日月曜日

Brand New Podcast : Tribute To John Holt!





John Holt passed this week and as his golden voice touched us so deeply we felt it necessary to drop a tribute mix to the man. The Paragons seduced us with Rock Steady - the soaring harmonies and raw emotions of Left With A Broken Heart. We swayed to a solo John Holt as he teamed up with Bunny Lee to Stick By You. He lent his polish to a few roots tune that drove me with flying cymbals. And then he teamed up with Junjo Lawes to drop Police & Helicopter and that yearning romanticism turned dark, militant, unforgiving and mirrored so perfectly the dark under-currents of the time that it almost took my breath away in its utter artistic transformation. To cover the man's career would be impossible, so I just chose a few of my favorite tracks in full acknowledgement of all the ones I will be kicking myself later for not adding. Big Ups to THUNDERLIONS ( http://www.thunderlions.com/ )for their special Deadly Dragon Tribute to John Holt Dubplate that finishes off this mix. R.I.P. John Holt.

Track List: Ali Baba Dub Plate / Paragons - Look What Love Has Done (Tresure Isle) / Paragons - Talking Love (Merritone) / Paragons - Same Song (Treasure Isle) / Paragons - Only a Smile (Treasure Isle) / Paragons - On The Beach (Duke Reid Pre-Release) / Paragons - The Number One (Clocktower) / Paragons - Riding On A High And Windy Way (Trasure Isle Pre-Release) / Paragons - Quiet Place (Andys) / Paragons - Left With a Broken Heart (Andys) / Paragons - Happy Go Lucky (Treasure Isle) / Paragons - Mercy Mercy (Treasure Isle Pre-Release) / Paragons - If I Were You (Merritone) / Paragons - My Satisfaction (Studio One) / John Holt - Stranger In Love (Studio One) / John Holt - Stealing Stealing (Treasure Isle) / Paragons - Have You Ever Been In Love (Studio One) / John Holt- Ali Baba (Treasure Isle) / Paragons - Change Your Style (Studio One) / John Holt - Rain From The Sky (Prince Buster) / John Holt - If I Ruled The World (Prince Buster) / John Holt - Riding For a Fall (Jack Pot) /John Holt - My Heart Is Gone (Sunshot) / John Holt - Strange Things (Tranquility) / John Holt & King Stitt - Redder Than Red (Studio One) / John Holt - Love I Can Feel (Studio One) / John Holt - Gone Is Love (Moodisc) / John Holt - You'll Never Find (Attack) / John Holt - Young and in Love (Tappa) / John Holt - I Need a Veggie (Striker Lee) / John Holt - Dont Fight Your Brothers (HitBound) / John Holt - Chanting (Volcano) / John Holt - Police & Helicopter (Holt) / John Holt - Fat You Fat (Jah Guidance) / Love I Can Feel Dub / John Holt - Don't Worry Your Foreign Mind and Local Body (Arrival) /Thunderlions Smoke Dubplate (John Holt Tribute)